Why HARPER?

First of all HARPER is my mom's maiden name so that is where I came up with HARPER. In addition to that there are 2 very special women behind that name, my Grandma Harper - Jerry Janeane Harper and my mother Mary Kay Bowman.

My Grandma Harper passed away when I was in 2nd grade so I don't have many memories of her but the ones I do have have stayed with me throughout the years. Then I have the stories and pictures that my Granny (her mother) and my mother (her daughter) have shared with me. And of course my mom who has been the 1 constant throughout my life to this day and there are TOO many memories to even write about!!

My Grandma was a woman of many many talents, everything that she did she excelled at and loved. She auditioned with Shirley Temple for roles in movies, she had Amelia Earhart babysit her in California for my Great-Grandparents! She played softball, bowled, rode Harleys, raised Blue Heelers & Australian Shepards, she loved to read, she did it all---- but she also was a real woman who struggled in many ways throughout her life, I wish I had known her past the age of 7 and I wish she had had time to overcome those struggles in her life. My mom always tells me that I had to have gotten so many of my traits from my Grandma because they didn't come from her!!

Then there is my Mom and if you know me very well you know she is my best friend and someone who has always been there for me throughout it all. She is the kind of person who has a love for animals and people and would do anything for anyone. She is a talented artist and is the craftiest person I know. She provided us so much growing up when the men in our lives failed us, she had to be it all and did it with grace.

And most importantly God, Faith, and Prayer were their rock and they instilled that in me, the most precious gift of all.

So who wouldn't want their daughter named HARPER if they had these 2 amazing women in their lives?!?!

2 comments:

The Wards said...

What a great tribute to your Mom, Grandma and Granny...and to the name Harper! The pictures are priceless and so are your memories! You've got my vote!

Code 3 Apps said...

Have you convinced Dave yet? If not, have him read this!!!